[plug] [OT] Self-introduction

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed May 21 13:26:46 WST 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 00:54, Ville Johansson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've sent a few posts to this mailing list, but I haven't yet introduced
> myself. My name is Ville Johansson, and I'm a student from Finland. This
> July I'm coming to Australia as an exchange student, and of course I
> want to meet some fellow Linux users ;) I'm not sure if I can attend
> meetings and the like, since exchange students don't have that much
> freedom to move around, but hopefully I'll be able to "network" at least
> a bit. I'll be living near Perth in a place called Morley if you happen
> to know about any Linux-activity in that area.

Great to hear from you.

As for some other points you make, Morley is a suburb of Perth, it's
less than 10km north of the central business district. You'll find
plenty of busses and trains throughout the city. Cycling is also an
option, while cars are the most used form of transport throughout the
country.

I'm not sure about the "freedom to move around", but I'm sure that the
place you're staying at will encourage you to "meet the natives" - eg.
us.

As for networking, you don't need to come to Australia, we have this
thing called the Internet now :-)

Cheers...

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 from S33:37'33" - E115:07'30" (Dunsborough, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..