[plug] WAIX attached FTP servers

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed May 21 13:30:25 WST 2003

> Is there a list of WAIX attached FTP servers somewhere?

Not the foggiest, personally. I'd love to hear of one. Hmm...
ftp.q-net.net.au is still there but the MOTD prints:

If you are looking for the Eftel Debian mirror, visit
http://mirror.eftel.com/
ftp://mirror.eftel.com/

so it looks like they've been munched by eftel too. There's nothing
there, and almost nothing (just debian and kernel) on
mirror.q-net.net.au which == mirror.eftel.com anyway.

Not sure if its on WAIX anyway.

> I'm specifically after
> the latest stable Mozilla, and a Knoppix ISO.

3fl's mirror is handy. I use 'vault.westnet.com.au' but that points to
the 3fl mirror anyway, AFAIK. Its not up to date, but its much better
than iiNet's. They at least have a decent debian and RH mirror.

ncftp /pub > ls
apache@        freebsd@       lca2003-iso@   MySQL@         php@
beos@          freeware@      linux@         nero@          postfix@
cyrus@         games@         mandrake@      netscape@      putty@
debian@        gentoo@        microsoft@     openbsd@       redhat@
debian-cd@     k12ltsp@       movies@        openoffice@    samba@
drivers@       knoppix@       mozilla@       openssh@       squid@
e-smith@       lca2003@       mysql@         opera@         trialware@

Unfortunately,
ncftp /pub > ls mozilla/releases
mozilla1.0/    mozilla1.1/    mozilla1.2a/   mozilla1.3a/   README
mozilla1.0.1/  mozilla1.2/    mozilla1.2b/   mozilla1.3b/
mozilla1.0.2/  mozilla1.2.1/  mozilla1.3/    mozilla1.4a/

their moz archive is also pretty ancient. I've ended up hitting
mirror.aarnet.edu.au for things like current versions of mozilla.

There's always planetmirror.

Craig