[plug] ftp login problem

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Thu May 22 15:36:38 WST 2003

My shell is listed in the /etc/shell and /etc/passwd.  On this subject can one edit the /etc/passwd or does this have to done another method?

Thanks

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> craig at postnewspapers.com.au 3:07:07 PM 22/05/2003 >>>
> Sorry, I did have it with the : but it still does not let me login.  Basically it's not accepting my password.  Since I have an account on the server this should be picking this up correct?

Is your login shell, as listed in /etc/passwd, in /etc/shells? Maybe
your ftpd has a separate ftpusers list to allow/deny users, or an
ftpshells list?

Craig