[plug] class usage in ftp question

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Thu May 22 17:24:20 WST 2003

If the class of a user equals "real", it is to my understanding that when a user logs in, the server will use that users "unix" password. If this is true then why is it when I login in I get a login failed message in the /var/log/messages? I can login to the server normally without any problem.  My shell I use is listed in /etc/shells and is /etc/passwd.  Do I need to be a member of the FTP group?

Thanks

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby