[plug] OpenOffice.org 1.1 Beta2

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Sun May 25 20:58:30 WST 2003

On Sun, 25 May 2003 08:56:05 +0800
Leon Brooks <leon at brooks.fdns.net> wrote:

>     http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.1beta2/features.html
>
> Note that quiet little addition (or, more accurately, "return") at the
> very end of the list, that represents an awful lot of work:
>
>   * Macro Recorder
>
> One thing that's not on the list but has been reported by many
> reviewers: faster! (-:

Yep, it's definately faster ... and it actually loads! ... the first beta wouldn't load on my machines as some of you might remember me reporting.

I don't know enough about all this to not sound stupid here, but when it loads up (take swriter as an example) all the drop down menus along the top toolbars as well as the top menubar itself are all enormous.  I can adjust the size under the view options, but it only affects some of them, and in some cases only affects the fonts in the boxes, not the boxes themselves .. all a bit random and not entirely pretty, but at least this version loads up :)

Ryan