[plug] Linux do

Garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Sun May 25 21:04:25 WST 2003

On 25 May 2003 20:19:24 +0000
Andrew Pamment <pamment at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Sounds like a good idea. Can I suggest a sausage sizzle? There's nothing
> like a sausage sizzle to create a non threatning relaxed atmosphere.

Except if you are a sausage...

;^)==

> as for a venue why not check out some schools around the place, most of
> them have auditoriums that they are willing to hire out.
>
> perhaps you could try and coincide it with an installfest, let people
> come check it out, find out how great it is, give them a week to think
> about it, then if they are so inclined to come along to an installfest.

While it is on the southern end of the Metro area, I know the Kwinana Arts Centre has an outdoor amphitheatre and indoor theatres. It also is extensively wired with Cat5, and has a coffee shop in an internet cafe area which would be suitable for an installfest.

The manager is keen to make use of the facilities whenever possible, and is quite keen on Linux. He is not charging us for the use of the area for our Wednesday evening Linux sessions (2 down, 2 to go), and I don't think it would cost us to have the Installfest there.

I'm not blinkered to the KAC, but I know the facilities are available and modern.

Food for thought.

Garry.