[plug] Tablet talk

Garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Mon May 26 19:19:00 WST 2003

This link is the transcript of a M$oft chat drumming up the tablet computer. Several of the participants were late (on theregister.co.uk), because they tried to use their tablet pc and found it doesn't work work for chat... They had to get to a real pc..

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/chats/03may19.asp

The chat was closed down by the moderator when a pesky questioner kept enquiring about Chinese language support, even seeming to quote a M$ press release which claimed Chinese was among the supported languages...

If I was steering M$, before I assembled an online chat promoting a product I'd make sure the bloody thing worked. Maybe I'm old fashioned or "being unrealistic".. Oh well. Be sweet if someone manages to Linuxise the tabletpc before M$oft gets it working. But Linux prolly isn't "Trusted Code" or something silly.

*sigh*

8^)==

Garry