[plug] Linux ideology

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Tue May 27 12:30:35 WST 2003

I'm thinking of writing an article that touches on this subject, not looking
at the technical specs here, but in terms of cost, how many graphics editors
have actually paid for their copy of Photoshop? Most of the people I know
have pirated it and don't see the GIMP as a worthy alternative because of
it's lack of these options, but fail to take into consideration that
Photoshop costs a lot of money, and their conscience isn't even bothered by
their 900 dollar (I think, how much does it cost nowdays?) theft, because
"everybody does it".

I can see the argument forma technical point of view, but I'm only really
willing to submit to this argument provided the pro-Photoshop party is
willing to actually take cost into consideration and would actually fork
over the money needed. As far as pirates go though, I'm not listening.

Make lunch, not war.