[plug] Linux ideology (was: EduBDO/SIGfest)

indy at THE-TECH.MIT.EDU indy at THE-TECH.MIT.EDU
Tue May 27 22:28:47 WST 2003

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 10:13:08PM +0800, Adrian Blockley wrote:
> Ah yes -- I guess I have always been a bit short sighted myself :-)
>

> On Tue, 27 May 2003 21:53:57 +0800
> Cameron Patrick <cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au> wrote:
>
> >  On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 09:31:53PM +0800, Adrian Blockley wrote:
> >
> >  | Was it Einstein that said if I have been able to see further than
> >  | others it is because I have stood on the shoulder of giants?
> >
> >  That was Newton :)

It's worth noting that many historian believe that
"on the shoulders of giants" was Newton having a dig at Leibniz
who was rather short. (The malice came out of an ongoing dispute
abotu who invented calculus first.)