[plug] re: RHL Professional

Simon Scott sscott at iinet.net.au
Wed May 28 11:14:32 WST 2003

> Why an issue? IBM have certified SuSE 8.0 which is no longer
> available... but 8.2 works just fine.

Because 8.2 isnt 8.0.

You need to change your mentality when working for mega-corps - throw all
logic out of the window and realise that *every* move is done in such a way as
to protect someone's job.

8.0 is certified - 8.2 is not. We *all* know that 8.2 more than likely works
better than 8.0, but this isnt the point.

<CYNIC>
If someone was to install 8.2 when it is not certified, and something were to
go wrong, someone might lose their job/bonus.... and we cant have that. :-\
</CYNIC>