[plug] Restricting web access to specific users

levsky at rave.iinet.net.au levsky at rave.iinet.net.au
Wed May 28 12:35:48 WST 2003

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 11:53:48AM +0800, Matt Kemner wrote:
> On Wed, 28 May 2003, quoth Derek Fountain:
>
> > Is there a way of restricting access to an ethernet interface based on user
> > id?
>
> Create a pair of shell scripts that run either ifup ethN or ifdown ethN
> and give access to those script to his wife via sudo.

There *is* an owner match in at least the patch-o-matic for netfilter, which
will only allow processes owned by a particular uid/gid to match a rule.
I can't think of the details off the top of my head, but I can look it
up for you when I get home if you like.

Cheers

Mark

--
"Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl murders the first
woman she encounters, then teams up with three strangers to kill again".