[plug] Printer bizarreness

bob bob at fots.org.au
Wed May 28 14:09:31 WST 2003

I am printing up some ID badges for a small .org I belong to and I've run
into something very bizarre.

One, and one only, sheet of the badges will not print all the letters if it
is printed via cups/ipp over the LAN. I can NFS mount and open the document
(an OOo drawing) on the host with the printer attached to it and it prints
fine. I can print any of the other sheets from the remote host fine (they
are all clones of each other with just the names being changed) but entire
letters from both the static elements as well as the variables (names) are
just not printed... and it is literally that, entire letters are missing
but everything else prints very well.

Interestingly the same letters are missing from all the instances of the
word volunteer (the v the u and the t ). The names have a selection of
letters missing a, b, d, g, k, m, s, t, u, w, y ... and then it appears to
only affect one case (sample too small to be sure though)

Multiple attempts to print produce the same results.

Any ideas why?
--
A farmer is a man outstanding in his field.