[plug] Restricting web access to specific users

Scott Middleton scott at linuxit.com.au
Wed May 28 14:45:09 WST 2003

Another idea if it is only www you're interested in stopping - proxy
authentication. Then you can log as well also enable and disable
according to time etc.

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 13:44, Derek Fountain wrote:
    On Wednesday 28 May 2003 13:05, Jon Miller wrote:
    > Just curious, what OS is on the workstation? Why not use a login script for
    > each user and based on the user id have certain services available or not
    > available.  As Matt stated earlier use a script (login) to either bring up
    > or down the Interface.

    SuSE Linux. And yes, this seems a decent idea. I suggested using cron to bring
    the interface up or down based on his work hours, but I like your idea
    better.

    --
    "...our desktop is falling behind stability-wise and feature wise to KDE
    ...when I went to Mexico in December to the facility where we launched gnome,

--
Scott Middleton
Linux Information Technology
scott at linuxit.com.au