[plug] file options

Nima Talebi nima at it.net.au
Fri May 30 08:27:24 WST 2003

create the directory in which the file resides with permissions 1777,
like tmp.
the file's permission in there must then be 666

Now everyone can view, edit, the file.
No one can remove the file

Read man chmod, and search for the "sticky bit" set on directories.
If you need more control, then try compiling the kernel with ACL
support, (needs patch or wait for the next kernel 2.4.21)

Nima

--
	Nima Talebi
Network Consultant