[plug] re: RHL Professional

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri May 30 08:43:41 WST 2003

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Jon  Miller wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can purchase RHL7.3 Professional?

Jon; why do you want to buy RH 7.3 Professional, rather than getting a
free copy of the RH 7.3 CD's?

That has puzzled me, and, as far as I am aware, the only difference
between RH 7.3 and RH 7.3 Professional (apart from the support period),
is that (I believe) the Professional versions come with a CD of
workstation applications.

We have a copy of the RH 7.3 CD's, as, I believe, would others on
the list, and, I am sure that someone on the list would likely have a
copy of the extra workstation applications CD.

The installation is (relatively) intuitive, from memory, and, bookshops
would have books about RH7.3; eg, Teach Yourself RH7.3 in 24 Hours (at
Angus & Robertson, Armadale, I believe), and the various QUE and other
books that would be about RH 7.3 (Unleashed, etc), that would also
include the OS discs.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale