[plug] [OT] Friday humour - one day early

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Fri May 30 19:11:39 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 12:43, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Thu, 29 May 2003 12:15, Richard Meyer wrote:
> > You're  In Control has as many potential uses as we have toilet
> > gags. The system "uses computation to  enhance  the act of urination.
> > Sensors in the back of a urinal detect the position of a stream of
> > urine,  enabling  people  to  play  interactive  games  on a screen
> > mounted above the urinal," according to the website.
>
> "OI! That's enough p*ssing around in here! Back to your desks." (-:
>
> Is two-player mode politically correct?
>
> Cheers; Leon

I assume there will be a central NAT/DHCP/Apache box dishing out IP's.
Each urinal will have it's own nic with an RJ-45 cat5 cable connecting
it to a central switch.

Each person will be able to play over the LAN and the scores and bloody
alcohol readings will be accessible from the internet from the Apache
http service.The box could also be a sound/music server to play music
during the game and give positive or negative verbal feedback at the
end.

Sounds like something to implement for the next office Xmas party.

For extra stats deploy Drink and track on the box also. I'd like to get
something rigged up with a bar code scanner on the beer fridge. First
you scan the drink then you scan a bar code on the back of your name
tag.

http://sf.net/projects/drinkandtrack/

regards,

Chris Caston