[plug] new (finally) xf86 in sid?

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Sat Nov 1 11:54:42 WST 2003

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 11:36:51AM +0800, Chris Caston wrote:

| Interesting that there is a non-self-contained experimental distro that
| is even more bleeding edge than sid. I expect this would also contain
| KDE 3.2

No, I don't believe it does contain KDE 3.2.  FWIW you can get to these
experimental packages with the apt-line

	deb ftp://ftp.it.net.au/debian ../project/experimental main

(where ftp.it.net.au is replaced with your favourite Debian mirror)
They won't be installed by default in a dist-upgrade or anything; you
can either pull in individual packages with something like

	apt-get install xserver-xfree86/experimental

or use your /etc/apt/preferences to tell apt that you prefer the
experimental versions of XFree:

	Package: xserver-xfree86
	Pin: release a=experimental
	Pin-Priority: 1001