[plug] Call me crazy...part 2

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sun Nov 2 21:53:51 WST 2003

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:04, Alex Polglaze wrote:
> I want to set up a "device" that modulates the output of my stereo
> into a light show. Sort of like a disco machine.

Doing that onto a screen is easy, even easier if you're playing MP3s to
the stereo rather than taking sound from it, 'coz you can skip the
whole next paragraph.

Plug your stereo output into a soundcard aux-in jack, fire up XMMS, ramp
up the volume on aux-in and nothing else.

Pick the xmms display hack of your choice.

    http://www.xmms.org/plugins.php?category=vis

Or write your own plugin, maybe drive some lamps through optical
isolators from a printer port:

    http://www.xmms.org/docs/vis-plugin.html
    http://www.maxking.co.uk/picsoftlptinst.htm

Cheers; Leon