[plug] Network query

Luke Dudney dex at wn.com.au
Tue Nov 4 16:39:54 WST 2003

Firstly I would have to ask if this chain of events is able to be
reproduced exactly each time the problem occurs? If not, then your
description is really not much help as it could have been a random
failure (solar flare, parallel processor running perpendicular etc)

I've traced a similar problem to this back to bad cabling -- I could see
arp requests on the wire but not any upper layer traffic. Re-crimping
the connections solved the problem.

When everything is working correctly, do some ping and throughput tests.
Are you able to sustain LAN speeds over long periods with no packet
loss?

Cheers
Luke