[plug] winmail.dat

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Tue Nov 4 16:54:26 WST 2003

I asked someone thats not real computer literate to do me a huge favor
and scan/send me something.

It turned up as a winmail.dat.

As this person had graciously gone so far out of their way to supply me
the attachment I did not feel much like bollocking them and getting them
to reconfigure their E-mail "client", so I went on a quest to figure out
how to decode this damned file.

apt-get install tnef. I can now decode those blasted winmail.dat files
and extract the information trapped within that wants to be free..

Hope someone finds this of use.
I know I have had problems with this for years....
Google was my friend.

Brad