[plug] Red Hat CEO says you should buy Windows if you're a home user!

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Wed Nov 5 13:52:52 WST 2003

http://www.silicon.com/software/os/0,39024651,39116741,00.htm

<quote>

 Matthew Szulik, chief executive of Linux vendor Red Hat, said on
 Monday that although Linux is capable of exceeding expectations
 for corporate users, home users should stick with Windows: "I
 would say that for the consumer market place, Windows probably
 continues to be the right product line," he said.

</quote>

<quote>

 However, Szulik expects Linux to be ready in a couple of years
 after it has had time to mature. In the mean time, he is adamant
 that corporate users would be surprised by how much the operating
 system has to offer. "Consumers want USB drivers and digital
 camera support; but for the enterprise desktop, that is a little
 bit different - that area is ripe," he said. "We think that the
 enterprise desktop market place is much more strategic and has
 buyers whose needs we can exceed."

</quote>

So I wonder why my USB stuff works *better* under Linux than Windows. Maybe
because I'm running Mdk?

Ah, well, he can speak for himself, I suppose.

RIchardM