[plug] Are we at 'war' with Microsoft?

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Fri Nov 7 15:58:25 WST 2003

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 03:36:49PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
| >Using Linux and having a dislike for Microsoft seem to go hand-in-hand
|
| Not always. I hate all operating systems and most software companies...
| though to different extents.

Heh.  Reminiscent of "All mail clients suck, this one just sucks less." :-)

| Mozilla is a great example of a perpetually not-quite-done project.

Mozilla has come a long way in the last few years and it is undoubtedly
one of the best web browsers around - IMHO miles better than Microsoft's
IE in most areas.  It's speed (or lack thereof) is pretty atrocious,
though, but I don't think anyone has any plans on improving it since CPU
speeds and memory capacities just keep growing.

And OpenOffice can only get better from where it is now.  (-:  The
spreadsheet needs to be fixed up a bit, it's nowhere near Excel.

| >I'd like to see homogeneous environments of Windows, *BSD, Unix, Linux,
| >Apple, Java based OS's and BeoS as well as every other OS that I missed
| >out.
|
| Hetrogenous?

Heterogeneous, even?

Cameron.