[plug] No BankWest on Debian Testing/Unstable

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sat Nov 8 19:15:49 WST 2003

Rennie wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 08:29, russ wrote:
>
>>--- Rennie <renene at barekoala.net> wrote:
>>
>>>I've recently install Debian on my laptop but now I seem unable to get
>>>to the BankWest online bank OR even their front page.
>>>
>>>This all previously worked a treat with SuSE 8.2.
>>
>>Having wasted a month unsuccessfully trying to get debian to set up my pcmcia
>>network card on my laptop, the obvious answer is go back to SuSE.
>>

> Yep, I've been considering it, but the whole apt-get this is very cool.
>
> I've had resonable sucess with the pcmcia stuff in 2.6 kernel...but as
> for sound...thats another kettle of worms.

As horrid as it sounds I have had near-perfect pcmcia on debian for
years.. I compile my own kernels and so have always just grabbed the
latest pcmcia stuff from sourceforge, done a
make && make install
and boom, it works..

Leave the debian package installed, just blow over the top of it.

It took me a little while to get it working well with the kernel drivers
instead of the pcmcia-supplied drivers, but now I have that working I
don't need to recompile my pcmcia package when I upgrade the kernel.

Brad