[OT] Cooking for men [was: Re: [plug] No BankWest on Debian Testing/Unstable]

Mike Holland myk at westnet.com.au
Sun Nov 9 15:49:30 WST 2003

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Cameron Patrick wrote:

> Yup, that's more-or-less what I was thinking.  Also, as James pointed
> out, if you microwave them (whether in water or not) they're likely to
> be dangerous, as even if the water doesn't actually boil in the

But wouldnt the steel can do a good job of reflecting the microwaves, and
keeping the fish (or was it worms?) cool?

> microwave it could easily reach >100C and start to boil after you take

You dont need the can. Ever super-heated a drink in the microwave?
A glass or glazed mug of filtered coffee makes a good demo. The filter
removes not just coffee grounds, but potential nucleation centres.
  Remove super-heated coffee from microwave, stand back, and add sugar.
Better yet, don't. Mine just frothed up, but it could be worse.