[plug] Cooking :)

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sun Nov 9 21:39:00 WST 2003

chris.griffin at swiftdsl.com.au wrote:
> Well, if switching back is not too hard, I may yet try this out.
> Thanks for the advice Brad.

Make really really really sure you have correct backups of the wince and
asset partition and that they are valid before you comit to a reflash.

The Bootblaster will create these files for you and you need to hotsync
them off the machine. They will be gzipped. Make sure they are valid
gzips that decompress properly.
Not that this has proved to be much of a problem in the past, but you
did say you might want to go back :p)
I'd hate to have to send you a copy of my wince backup over a 128k
uplink :p)

If your clever, you can build a CF card that has a couple of linux
images and the wince image and flash back and forward between them to
test out the various options.

Investigate the reflash.ctl file
You can use it to re-flash CE as well if your clever.

Brad