[plug] Interface not being brought up on bootup

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Mon Nov 10 12:24:26 WST 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 12:01:47PM +0800, Michael Hunt wrote:
> The only difference for me is that I'm using pump instead of dhcpcd and
> the 'ifconfig lo down' fails with the 'ifconfig: cannot resolve 'down' :
> Host name lookup failure' error.

Reminds me of a time when a machine at UCC suddenly decided to take
the IP address 130.95.100.44... We thought it must have been hackers
or something. But no, somebody had typed "ifconfig tu0 media" and it
resolved media.gu.uwa.edu.au and promptly took its IP.

iproute2 is so much nicer :)

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham