[plug] Sound Icon missing

Mike Holland myk at westnet.com.au
Mon Nov 10 20:10:56 WST 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Greg wrote:

> Im running Mandrake 9.0 and for some reason can not see where to enable
> to sound icon in the bottom corner so i can adjust the volume.

I was also surprised to find the default mandrake destop didnt have a
volume control. You'll find 'kmix' on menu->multimedia->sound, which
seems to be the mandrake mixer/volume program. It should show up as an
icon on the system-tray of your panel.
  Yes, its hidden in a silly place on the menu tree. It beats me how
'audio' qualifies as 'Multimedia'. Another buzzword.