[plug] Cheap Linux compatible PCI Wireless Network cards

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Tue Nov 11 00:14:31 WST 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 11:51:54AM +0800, Pabs wrote:
> > > I am looking at connecting to WAFreeNet and need a Linux compatible PCI
> > > network card. Can any body recommend some cheap ones to me?
> >
> > I've heard good things about the D-link DWL-520+. At least that it
> > works under Linux and is relatively cheap.
>
> We got it working using driverloader and some winxp drivers, are there
> native linux drivers for it? I haven't been able to find any.

Hi Pabs,

http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=1042&question=DWL-650+%20/%20DWL-520+

points to:
 - http://www.ivor.it/wireless/acx.html ; and
 - http://acx100.sourceforge.net/

The latter, I've seen working quite successfully (though I had no
part in setting it up, so can't help you about specifics).

HTH,

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham