[plug] Problem compiling linphone (command line only)

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Nov 11 16:11:51 WST 2003

Hello,

I trying to compile linphone without the gui (that being gnome and this
IS supported according to the README) and get errors when running
make.

The error seems to be something related to rtcp.h and or rtcp.c. I'm
using Debian unstable with 2.4.18-bf2.4, CLI only (no XF86)

The error line is:

rtcp.h:98 error: parse error before "GByteArray"

I also get a these warnings:

rtcp.h:98 warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
rtcp.h:98 warning: type default to 'int' in declaration 'chunk_item_t'
rtcp.h:99 warning: data definition has not type or storage class

I also get warnings like this:

rtonid.c: In function 'rtp_putq':

rtpmod.c:35: warning: left-hand operatnd of comma expression has no
effect

[more warnings of similar nature]

I tried installing a whole bunch of glibc type things using apt (I
really don't know what I'm doing) but this did not resolve it.
So if I am stilling missing a library please let me know which one or
help me find a solution. I typed all the errors and warnings by hand so
there is likely some errors.

I have also attached a copy of rtcp.h and have e-mailed the author with
a similar message to this.

thanks,

Chris Caston