[plug] Aint it the truth !

Ben New benplug at leftclick.com.au
Wed Nov 12 10:46:10 WST 2003

Kai Jones wrote:
> I think this is on topic enough not to post to off-topic.
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=12603

If microsoft wants Google, and eventually gets it, it will be a real
shame.  But oh well...

http://www.alltheweb.com/

According to the home page, it's only 150 million pages (total) short of
Google.  That's out of 3 billion odd.  It's not like there aren't other
alterniatives as well.

http://www.kartoo.com/
(req Flash, VERY different to the normal result listings)

I have to admit Google has become pretty much a mainstay.  Their
link/quality-driven rating mechanism is damn good and makes sense.  But
like I said, not the only alternative to msn.

http://www.searchlores.org/

--
Ben @ Leftclick
http://www.leftclick.com.au/