[plug] Moving School Apps To Open source; The start of A list

Weirdo linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Wed Nov 12 16:07:46 WST 2003

I thought seeing that some schools are now looking at open source that we
could set up some info to help them.
What I was looking for was somewhere people can post the name of an
application that is being used and needs replacing by open source. It would
need to be a list with many opensource suggestions.
Obviously I could code up some PHP that would dynamically do this but I
don't have the time.(if you have time and want to code it then feel free to.)
Here is my list, please add to it and fill in the blanks to help me. (This
apps are for my school, feel free to add your own)
Thanks,
Tim
p.s. We aren't trying to convert to Linux, that is coming in the future, we
are paving the way ;)
App Name                        Alternatives
-------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
* The Killer App, MS Office     | OO                                    |
* Corel Draw                    |                                       |
* Frontpage                     |                                       |
* IE                            | Mozilla Firebird                      |
* Inspirations                  |                                       |
* * * Add As you Wish

weirdo AT linuxalien DOT tk
Dot TK ambassador #24084 - For a free .tk domain please contact me

ICQ# 255176389
MSN weirdo AT linuxalien DOT tk

Riverton, Perth, WA