[plug] Moving School Apps To Open source; The start of A list

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Wed Nov 12 17:08:50 WST 2003

One big app is Caz maze. The best way I can describe this is as ERP for
Schools.

A lot of schools use this and although the original version was
developed to run on UNIX is is now Windows only. The program has become
obfuscated over time and is becoming more and more difficult for Caz to
develop. Simple bug fixes can send them back through a rigorously
testing processes including testing all previous patches (again).

To this end they are now developing a new web based app called eMaze
that runs under .NET

I don't know enough about it personally but perhaps it could run be
under Mono. From what I know about it if it's JIT and C# then perhaps it
will. Of course my knowledge of .NET is limited so I may be wrong. It is
just a possibility.

regards,

Chris Caston