[plug] [article] Open Code Market (OCM)

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Nov 14 19:08:15 WST 2003

In message <20031114105905.GA1255 at mail.guild.uwa.edu.au>
on Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 06:59:06PM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
> Additions to a C programme, for instance, involve modification of
> a programme's source (header files, Makefiles, documentation),

Oops, that's an exaggeration. I suppose my point is "for general,
non-trivial intents and purposes, authors who produce code that will be
run in a fashion that uses or is used by software that is GPL-licensed
without excemptions may in general expect that they must distribute
their work under the GPL or a GPL-compatible license and not just any
licence they like." That would be the basis for my statement of "Under
*particular* other licences that will allow the conditions of the GPL to
be imposed."