[plug] update-rc question

Andrew Howell andrew at it.net.au
Mon Nov 17 12:04:09 WST 2003

It's update-rc.d and there is a man page for it.

You want something like this, assuming /etc/init.d/mmsmtpd exists.

update-rc.d mmsmtpd defaults

Or if you really only want it to start at run level 3 (debian run at
runlevel 3 by default)

update-rc.d mmsmtpd start 20 3 . stop 20 0 1 6 .

Andrew

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 01:36, Jon Miller wrote:
> I'm trying to get a program to start on bootup.  I understand the command to do this is:
> update-rc /etc/init.d/mmsmtpd -start rc3.d  But this doesn't seem to be correct.  Can anyone please advise where I went wrong?  There is no info in man.
> This is a Debian system.
>
> Thanks

Andrew Howell
Director