[plug] Urgent Help Required - Payment Expected

Stephen Morgan stephenm at prophesy.com.au
Mon Nov 17 12:30:52 WST 2003

Hi, I was recommended to PLUG by LinuxIT who suggested one of your
members may be able to help with data recovery of accidentally deleted
files on a linux workstation.

The workstation is running Redhat 9 with a Gnome desktop. The filesystem
was EXT3 on a standard IDE drive. I was using X when a message appeared
saying it was deleting files. Before even reading the requestor
completely it disappeared and all of /home was gone. I shut the machine
down and took it to friend who started it in single user mode and
removed hda5 (/home) from fstab and used some utilities that verified
that the files were still there. As the files are very important
(business & related files as well as all the documents relating to my
legal battle to get my children back through the family court) it is
vital that I recover them. I had a relatively recent backup but when
checked it turned out to have been overwritten (CD/RW). Additionally my
friend did a dd of the unmounted partition to a new drive, so I also
have a copy of the 13MB partition as a file. I have done extensive
research on the net for solutions, but lack the technical skills and
knowledge to fix this myself.

I am prepared to pay to have help to recover this data.

I am resident in Margaret River and am prepared to travel to Perth on
short notice to get help. I will bring the machine & monitors / keyboard
& mouse and the new drive with the image on it.

Could you please forward this to anyone who may be able to help (and
reply so I know someones out there ).

Yours Sincerely

Stephen Morgan
stephenm at prophesy.com.au