[plug] Urgent Help Required - Payment Expected

Weirdo linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Mon Nov 17 20:32:13 WST 2003

If you have an image and the documents have plain ascii text in them that
you can remember then grep may help. Search on google if you can. It should
bring some stuff up.
Tim
At 12:30 17/11/2003 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi, I was recommended to PLUG by LinuxIT who suggested one of your
>members may be able to help with data recovery of accidentally deleted
>files on a linux workstation.
>
>The workstation is running Redhat 9 with a Gnome desktop. The filesystem
>was EXT3 on a standard IDE drive. I was using X when a message appeared
>saying it was deleting files. Before even reading the requestor
>completely it disappeared and all of /home was gone. I shut the machine
>down and took it to friend who started it in single user mode and
>removed hda5 (/home) from fstab and used some utilities that verified
>that the files were still there. As the files are very important
>(business & related files as well as all the documents relating to my
>legal battle to get my children back through the family court) it is
>vital that I recover them. I had a relatively recent backup but when
>checked it turned out to have been overwritten (CD/RW). Additionally my
>friend did a dd of the unmounted partition to a new drive, so I also
>have a copy of the 13MB partition as a file. I have done extensive
>research on the net for solutions, but lack the technical skills and
>knowledge to fix this myself.
>
>I am prepared to pay to have help to recover this data.
>
>I am resident in Margaret River and am prepared to travel to Perth on
>short notice to get help. I will bring the machine & monitors / keyboard
>& mouse and the new drive with the image on it.
>
>Could you please forward this to anyone who may be able to help (and
>reply so I know someones out there ).
>
>Yours Sincerely
>

>Stephen Morgan
>stephenm at prophesy.com.au
>9758 7530 v
>9758 8071 f
>0438 50 8072 m

weirdo AT linuxalien DOT tk (MSN Enabled) | ICQ# 255176389 | Riverton,
Perth, WA
Dot TK ambassador #24084 - For a .tk redirect, contact me.