[plug] TV Tuner Card: Leadtek?

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Wed Nov 19 09:58:57 WST 2003

On Wednesday 19 November 2003 09:21, Derek Fountain wrote:

> Er, I dunno. I thought the OP said he wanted to replace the functionality
> of his VCR. I assumed, like me, he'd lash it up to the antenna on his roof.

That's correct.

> I don't know anything about digital TV in WA. What advantages would a
> digital tuner card bring?

Digital TV also involves lashing to roof antennas. ^_^
(Our roof antenna is even "Digital Ready")
It's like LaserDiscs vs DVDs. Similar optical medium, but LDs store the video
using an Analog process, whereas DVDs encode the information digitally,
giving a loss-less (from reception/degradation, anyway), higher quality video
output.

A digital card would be better - but also costs more than I can justify on my
shoe-string budget. If I twist the Wife's arm any more, it might come off.
-_^

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |