[plug] TV Tuner Card: Leadtek?

garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Wed Nov 19 20:20:13 WST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:41:24 +0800
Trevor Phillips <T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au> wrote:

> I'm looking for a TV Tuner Card, which obviously is supported by
> Linux. While I'd love something with decent quality reception so I can
> build a DVR to replace the function of my current VCR, funds are
> tight, and this'll be partly experimental.

In the latest edition of APC (cue scary music) is a guide to setting up
a TV card under Linux.. Yes, the December APC is out.

They make special mention of the Pinacle PCTV Studio Pro, as the tuner
is auto detected by bttv.

They also give the url
http://rcsl.inha.ac.kr/lxr/http/source/Documentation/video4linux/bttv/CARDLIST,
which seems to be a dud..

However, the instructions for the kernel compilation do not mention a
patch, so I'm guessing this has been incorporated into the 2.4.22
kernel. So the list at
http://www.funet.fi/pub/Linux/PEOPLE/Linus/v2.4/patch-html/patch-2.4.22/linux-2.4.22_Documentation_video4linux_bttv_CARDLIST.html
looks like the newly incorporated cards..

Another link which might be useful is
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6942 , which is an article
by Marcel Gagne on the use of TV cards to give TV and FM radio, and
associated linux programs... [I enjoy his writing, but the predeliction
(sp?) to fall into French is annoying..]

Hope this is useful..

Regards

Garry

--

Bigpond - Will the last one out please turn off the lights?