[plug] "Adding" images - suggestions?

garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Sun Nov 23 18:39:35 WST 2003

Hi..

Hoping someone can give me a suggestion as to an alternative to Gimp
(using layers) to construct a single image from several.

I'm trying to help someone with a web page which constructs the images
dynamically, even though the content does not change. Naturally, this is
pretty inefficient in network and server time.. The web page was
initially built using Dreamweaver or one of it's cousins. The person who
made the page has of course become unavailable..

Is there a way to "add" images horizontally, using a script? This will
save _much_ nashing of teeth as the images have lots of text spanning
them and anything other than perfect alignment will not fly.. The images
have a common height but varying widths.

Something as simple as a browser which will save a page as a .gif would
be outstanding, but I'm yet to find one on Linux which will play..
Trying to avoid going near the Dark Side..

Regards

Garry

--
Microsoft Security White Paper. On a roll, with perforations, of course.
8^)==