[plug] Mozilla now has telepathy plugin?

Ben New ben at leftclick.com.au
Mon Nov 24 10:08:34 WST 2003

Leon Brooks wrote:

>I inadvertantly middle-click pasted this string into Mozilla:

>...and it promptly took me to...
>
>    http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/SYMBchrc.html
>
>Does anyone know how this magic is achieved? I'm used to pasting words
>and having a Google search pop up on them, or pasting URLs and having
>Mozilla go there, but this is new and different.
>
>Cheers; Leon

I just got a "malformed URL" error when I tried it - Moz1.5/Mdk9.1...
:-/  Then I turned on "Internet Keywords" in the prefs, and I got to a
Netscape search results page (ugh! no wonder it was turned off!)  I
didn't think Mozilla pointed anything to netscape.com but there you go.

Ben

<rant ignore="please">
Did anyone actually read any of this so-called HTML tutorial?  Jeezum
Crow!  What a load of baloney!  Describing the HTML elements as
"commands", which have "parameters", what is that all about?  It also
seems to have been written in 1998 and not updated since then... all
those font tags!  It reminds me of the web tutorials they still use at
Murdoch for B108.  Actually if you go to the guy's home page it reminds
me of an average B108 assignment.  Resizeable frames and all...  and so
many animated gifs!
</rant>

--
Ben New