[plug] Mozilla magic still

Ben New ben at leftclick.com.au
Mon Nov 24 15:37:45 WST 2003

Leon Brooks wrote:

>On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:53, James Devenish wrote:
>

>>I thought Ben New indicated that the "Internet Keywords" feature was
>>responsible. Perhaps there is a mouse binding for "Internet
>>Keywords"?
>>

>Internet keywords should be a completely different thing, at least it is
>for every other browser I've tried, where you specify a shortcut like
>"g" and when it sees that as a "URL" it takes you to (for example)
>Google or your Girly Page or Gold Stocks instead.

According to the Mozilla website:
http://www.mozilla.org/docs/end-user/internet-keywords.html

<quote>
"Internet Keywords" enhances the Navigation toolbar's "Location" field
by allowing the contents to be sent to a remote server, rather than be
handled by the browser.
</quote>

So in other words, in this case the "remote server" would be Google.
(?)  This could be confirmed by turning off the option and doing the
same thing.  The real question, I think, is, "how come it's using the
lucky feeling instead of doing a regular search?"

Ben

--
Ben New
ben at leftclick.com.au