[plug] backup script & searching PLUG archives

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Nov 25 13:07:07 WST 2003

Hi,

In message <sfc35788.001 at mmtnetworks.com.au>
on Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 01:22:04PM +0800, Jon  Miller wrote:
> Is there a searchable archive that I access to view the previous
> question.?

Yep, the PLUG archive can be searched here:
<http://www.cantech.net.au/plug/>

Even better, all (or almost all) of the Australian PLUGs
can be searched here:
<http://www.linmagau.org/archive/search.php>

> If I'm corect (pls correct me if I'm wrong) in order to use dd the
> partition would need to be dismounted.

It is not absolutely true. It is just that it doesn't suit all
circumstances. Its suitability depends on your needs and purposes.
I recommend against it, though it would work in principle.