[plug] [OT] flamethrowing (was Re: zsh and screen)

Ben New ben at leftclick.com.au
Thu Nov 27 15:34:32 WST 2003

Onno Benschop wrote:

>You're all crazy!

Well, isn't this the Perth Lunatic Unification Group?  ;-}

>The last time I used a text editor with command key equivalents was on
>DOS 3.2. At the time I used edlin because it allowed me to pick my nose
>while I was on the phone fielding support calls - one astute user even
>noted that they didn't hear my keys click - duh!

"My computer's coffee cup holder doesn't go in and out anymore......"

>If in this day and age I am required to edit text I use and prefer
>nedit.

Nah, nedit sucks.  (I have never used it, I'm just saying that for the
flamethrowing...)

> You silly people never seemed to have heard of a mouse or a gui,
>why would you torment yourself with an editor that requires you to know
>keyboard short-cuts just to get help - or quit?

What, you can't remember ":?" and ":q"???  Sheesh!  Maybe all that
nose-picking went a bit deep?  :-}

>And under Linux, you can't even sync a Palm OS5 device over USB, so
>Windows rocks.

Windows?  You mean Windows 1.0 can do all that?  :-)

Rest of message deliberately deleted to annoy whoever it was that was
bitching about that a while back.

Mwahahahahahaaaar!

--
Ben New