[plug] OpenLDAP and Mozilla

Adrian Woodley Adrian at Diskworld.com.au
Fri Nov 28 13:05:11 WST 2003

G'Day all,
	I remember someone asking at my presentation on Samba about setting up
OpenLDAP as a central address book. At the time I didn't have this
working and so couldn't offer much help. I've since cracked this problem
:)
	The answer:- Mozilla address book only speaks ldap_v2 and Debian
defaults slapd to use only ldap_v3. To fix this add "allow bind_v2" in
the slapd.conf file and all will be right with the world :)
	I intend to put up a more extensive description of setting up LDAP for
both authentication and address book soon (after I've put up the samba
stuff :) ).

	One problem I am having - Mozilla doesn't want to make changes to the
entries. I've gone as far as removing all restrictions on the directory
yet Mozilla still provides a read only view of the contact card. Anyone
got any comments/experience with this?

Regards,
Adrian
--