[plug] error msg "syntax error near unexpected token"

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sun Nov 30 20:34:33 WST 2003

I'm testing a backup script, when I run it I get the following:
# ./backup.sh
./backup.sh: line 25: syntax error near unexpected token `tar_verify'
./backup.sh: line 25: `tar_verify();'

In looking at the file (/root/backup/backup.sh) that runs first it calls on 3 functions:
tar_backup()
tar_verify()
mail_report()

My question is  am I supposed to have a ";" after each of the files the function calls?

Thanks

Content of /root/backup/backup.sh
# Variables
EMAILTO="Jon Miller<jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au>"
DESTFILE="backupusr at rh9fs1:/dev/tape"
BACKUPFILES="/root /etc /var/lib/mysql"
BACKUPDIR="${HOME}/backup"
LEVEL="${1}"

# Load backup functions file /root/backup/backup-functions
cd ${BACKUPDIR}
./backup-functions

# Do the backup
tar_backup

# Test the backup for errors
tar_verify

# Email the backup report
mail_report

# Done
exit

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS, ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby