[plug] Recent notebook linux experience?

Tim Bowden bowden at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 1 10:02:24 WST 2003

Garry wrote:

> Has anyone bought a notebook computer lately, which they found easy to
> get fully functional (sound, drives, display acceleration)?

I've just got a new toshiba a10.  Knoppix works great but the debian 3.0
install disk had a bit of trouble with the network card and video
driver.  Network card sorted with an updated kernel (thanks Nick) and
updated xfree86 should be up and running soon.  Uses the i810 driver.
No idea how good acceleration is for this.  No idea about the modem.
Will try it when all else is sorted and nothing else more pressing to
do.  Got it from http://www.cybershop.net.au/notebook_new.htm  They seem
to know what they are doing and two other people have recommended them
to me.

Tim Bowden