[plug] confessions of a dselect lover

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Wed Oct 1 15:32:33 WST 2003

Quick question.
Everywhere I read that dselect is a pain.
I have always found dselect easy and powerful to use. Am I an alien?

I use apt-get where I can, but dselect is better at picking extra deps
and also for doing full distribution upgrades. (Even the guys who
document apt-get suggest using dselect instead of apt-get dist-upgrade)

I find aptitude far clunkier than dselect..

I feel kinda wierd, like I have just laid my soul bare for the world to
see, but I like dselect.

<Steps out of closet and closes door behind>

Brad