[plug] Big Gun needed for X battle

John Usher (Maptek) John.Usher at perth.maptek.com.au
Wed Oct 1 17:39:07 WST 2003

G'day...

The last i810 device I tried to get working had the same dramas. I discovered that the frame buffer device was being used, so I just used the X frame buffer version (XF86_fbdev?) and that worked fine.

Can't remember more than that at this stage - just that the fb stuff got it working!

I think this was on a knoppix install? Something which actually used X for installation then refused to have it working.

...John...