[plug] Recent notebook linux experience?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 1 22:08:10 WST 2003

dell is ok.  They have their "foibles", but there are so many around
that answers are easy to come by.  i8k series are very capable, big and
clunky, at the top end of the range, but have a good display and are
fantastic to actually crunch data with.

i2500 was a dud, mainly cause of poor display, celery proc, and unable
to expand memory to the min of 512M I need for work.

Been put off many of the "thin" types by stories of cooked internals and
"jewells" when used on the lap for serious work ...

BillK