[plug] libfreetype version and Y

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Thu Oct 2 09:05:39 WST 2003

Thanks Pabs,

Actually I'm getting some bad SMART readings on my drive  as well as
error messages "Input/output error" + "Read-only file system"  so I'm
gonna buy a new drive today (after backing up my home directory to cd-r)
and install again and dist-upgrade to Sid and try out 2.6-pre6

regards,

Chris Caston

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 02:01, Pabs wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Chris Caston wrote:
>
> > Now wbat exactly does libfreetype do and what is the best way to update
> > it with minimum side effects for my system?
>
> freetype is a font-rendering library - specifically truetype (& opentype
> too I think) fonts.
>
> Best way to update would probably be to use a woody backport found on
> apt-get.org. I don't have much experience with backports, since I run sid,
> but maybe others can give some advice.
>
> Bye,
> Pabs
Chris Caston

Manager and technician
Aptitude Technology
http://www.aptitudetech.com.au
ABN: 51614966828

ph: (08) 9478 1530
mobile: 0422 978315

chris at debian:~$ host security.microsoft.com
security.microsoft.com does not exist (Authoritative answer)